Pandemic-Related Class Actions: An Economic Perspective
The unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has given rise to class action litigation across the country, including around issues of price gouging, business interruption, and payment refunds. In this webinar, join a panel of attorneys and economic experts for a discussion of the economic and legal principles involved in COVID-related class actions.
- Introduction – Types of Class Actions Emerging from the COVID Pandemic
- Tuition Refunds Class Actions
- Theories of harm in payment refund cases
- Issues of predominance and typicality affecting large and varied student bodies
- Estimating damages from a diminished university experience
- Damages in the general context of subjective consumer valuation
- Business Interruptions and Insurance Coverage
- Causation issues
- Modeling the but-for world
- Assessment of mitigation strategies
- Predominance issues
View the on-demand recording of this complimentary webinar here.