Effective Date: January 20, 2020
California Users: Click here to see our Privacy Information for California Residents
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process data about you, including information you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, and information you provide when you subscribe to a feed or to use any of our services, as well as information we may automatically collect including details about your visits to this website including traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- Contact Information
- Any contact information provided in correspondence with us, including name, email, phone number, address, employer, or otherwise, may be collected and stored.
- Usage Information
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website in the form of log data ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web pages you visit, or the search terms you use. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally.
We may also receive personal information from our clients in connection with our consulting services. Please note that such data is not subject to this policy.
How we use the information.
We use your personal data to provide you with our services, to respond to your inquiries and requests, to administer and improve this Site and our services, to market our services, to secure our services, for the purposes of recruitment, and for other legitimate business purposes.
How we share your information.
Edgeworth does not sell, give, or trade contact data, accept advertising, or generate any third-party revenue from the data that is generated on this site. We will not disclose your personal data outside the Edgeworth family of companies (which includes our sister company, Edgeworth Analytics), except to service providers acting on our behalf or in other very limited circumstances, for example, with your agreement or where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
If you receive marketing materials from us, you may be removed via the unsubscribe link included in the electronic marketing communication, or by e-mailing email@example.com with your request to be removed.
How we protect your information.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored.
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how Edgeworth Economics and our sister company, Edgeworth Analytics (for purposes of this section, collectively, “Edgeworth”), collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)). Please note that the below disclosures pertain solely to the information that Edgeworth processes in its capacity as a “business” under the CCPA. Information that Edgeworth processes as a service provider on behalf of its clients is subject to those clients’ own Privacy Policies.
This following chart provides information about the categories of personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use the information, the sources of the information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose the information for business purposes.
Categories of information collected
Purposes of use
Sources of personal information
Categories of third parties to whom we disclose the information
such as name, email address, and phone number
| || || |
Employment and Business Information
such as the name of the company you work for as well as your title
| || || |
if you provide us with your city/state of residence or we infer it from your IP address
| || || |
Device and Online Information
such as IP address and web logs
| || || |
User-Generated Content such as information you provide through our surveys in connection with Edgeworth Analytics courses, or in providing feedback about our services
| || || |
Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
The CCPA further provides you with the right not to be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Service to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may ask you for verification information so that we can match at least two verification points with information we maintain in our files about you. If we are unable to verify you through his method, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a California consumer’s behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 332-219-2798, or via our web form.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
Shine the Light Disclosure: The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Other rights and choices.
In addition to the California rights above, you may have certain other rights under other data protection legislation , such as the right to request details about the information we hold about you and to have any such information rectified or deleted on legitimate grounds. For more information or to exercise these rights, please send an email to email@example.com.
Notices to Site users.
- External websites. The provision of links to other web sites on the Site is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other web sites or their content. Edgeworth has no control over, does not review, and is not responsible or liable for these third party web sites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Privacy Statement do not apply to these third party web sites.
- Notice to visitors outside of the United States. Any information you provide via the Site, including any Personal Information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the United States.
If you have any questions or queries about this policy please contact us at:
Edgeworth Economics, LLC
1111 19th Street, NW, 12th Floor
Washington, DC 20036