ACI Wage & Hours Claims and Class Actions San Francisco
Dr. Deborah Foster will speak on the panel "Wage & Hour Class Actions Update: The Latest Developments and Nuances in Class Certification, Obtaining Decertification, Managing Hybrid Claims, and Defending Against FLSA Collective Actions and State Law Class Actions" at the ACI Wage & Hour Claims and Class Actions conference in San Francisco, California, September 28-29.
Her panel will be held 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. on September 28.
Dr. Foster and her fellow panelists will discuss:
- Recent developments in wage-hour class and collective action treatment post-Dukes and Comcast
- The latest innovative strategies for winning and defeating certification motions
- Rulings on class treatment in executive exemption actions
- Rulings on class treatment in off-the-clock actions
- Effectively managing hybrid federal and state law class actions
- Rule 68 Offers of Judgment
- CAFA Removal Jurisdiction
- Class Member Communications
- Attorney Fees
- PAGA — Examining the latest wave of wage-hour class actions to hit California employers and understanding the implications of California’s Private Attorneys General Act in the context of class actions
- How to avoid getting caught in the PAGA wave, and how to successfully ride and overcome the wave if caught
- Certification implications of California S.C. Case Duran v. US Bank
- Learn more here.