Data & HR Analytics
Edgeworth Economics applies our deep experience and outstanding capabilities in data extraction, cleaning, validation, and construction on a variety of systems to translate the data complexities our clients face into simplified, actionable solutions.
We provide economic and statistical data consulting to Fortune 500 companies across the globe, both through direct business consulting and in the context of litigation. Our professionals work with corporate leaders and outside counsel to identify fundamental questions that can be answered with the available data to foster strategic growth or minimize potential risks in all aspects of running a business, including sales, finance, and HR.
Edgeworth Analytics is a sister company that provides training on data and statistical concepts across a range of subjects including data analytics, HR analytics, and marketing analytics to help ease the anxiety that comes with incorporating data into decision making. The proven methods used in the trainings are based on our unmatched data analytics capabilities and years of real-world experience as PhD economists communicating technical, complicated concepts simply and clearly:
- Edgeworth Analytics helps functional and organization leaders get ahead of the data curve. We teach methods for gathering, organizing, analyzing, and applying data – transforming data analytics from a source of anxiety to a consistent driver of stronger operational and competitive performance.
- Edgeworth Analytics is different. We are part of the Edgeworth Economics family. Edgeworth Economics is an economic consulting leader with unmatched data analytics capabilities and a long track record of successfully applying data to real-world challenges.
- Edgeworth Analytics is smarter. Our methods are rooted in techniques developed by PhD economists from world-class institutions like MIT and Stanford, and applied in Fortune 500 companies, high-profile litigation, and complex regulatory proceedings.
Data Analytics Business Consulting
Coordinating data across multiple divisions to identify and answer key business questions that reveal areas of growth and reduce exposure is often difficult even for the most successful businesses. Edgeworth has developed rigorous data analytics for businesses and other organizations across a variety of industries, based on an approach that focuses on:
- Crafting the fundamental business questions that can be answered with your data
- Understanding how your data reflects the business realities of your firm
- Extracting, cleaning, and validating data from a variety of systems
- Developing thoughtful statistical analyses and applying state of the art methodologies to provide rigorous answers
- Interpreting these statistical analyses—recognizing the strengths and limitations of the approach—to intuitively and effectively provide meaningful, actionable solutions to your underlying business questions
HR Analytics Business Consulting
Edgeworth experts apply their knowledge and experience to help clients efficiently manage complex issues by transforming the often overwhelming volume of HR data into strategic solutions. We work with clients to translate their HR data into meaningful, actionable information to help improve efficiencies and more effectively deploy human capital.
Edgeworth’s experience includes:
- Assessing and forecasting hiring and attrition trends to assist in workforce planning
- Helping companies analyze and quantify diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Quantifying recruitment analytics to measure ROI and shape recruiting strategy
- Analyzing compensation, hiring, promotion, and termination data for a variety of purposes including retention risk
- Building analyses to properly respond to EEOC investigations or OFCCP audits
- Measuring the impact of organizational realignments on the workforce
- Assessing wage and hours claims under FLSA or state laws
Data Analytics in Litigation and Compliance
Edgeworth data experts identify, assess, and build transactional databases for clients involved in litigation, arbitration, and regulatory compliance matters. We have extensive experience and expertise working with a variety of systems, including decommissioned mainframes, legacy systems, SAP, and Oracle.
Our experts easily guide clients through the process of constructing large databases for the purposes of litigation or regulatory compliance. We begin by developing a preliminary data management plan, then go through the steps of identifying all potential data that may be required in the litigation, including:
- The kinds of information needed
- The time period over which information is available
- The systems such information is stored in
- Possible interviews of IT personnel
- Extraction of data from multiple systems
- Validation of data
- Standardization of data, for instance, across multiple databases or companies
Insights & News
- Book, Bibliomotion | 04.12.2016
In this book, Dr. John Johnson applies his deep experience as an expert economist and statistician—his rigorous analyses and cogent explanations—to real-world examples of misinterpreted data, enabling readers to become smarter consumers of the data they encounter every day.
- Law360 | 09.25.2015
Mr. Michael Kheyfets, Dr. Deborah Foster and Dr. Nathan Woods discuss the 10 questions you should ask your experts who are working with your sensitive data.
- Law360 | 07.17.2015
Dr. Stephen Bronars and Chuck Fields, along with Christopher Craig of O’Melveny & Myers, co-authored the article in Law360.
- Edgeworth Economics | 08.08.2012
Dr. Jesse David completed analysis of comprehensive concussion and injury data for the 2011 NFL season, along with comparisons to prior seasons going back to 2004.
- Law360 | 06.25.2010
Matthew Milner opined on the reliability of structured data in litigation, writing “Structured data is frequently the foundation of expert analysis in litigation for a variety of damages and liability issues."
- Event, 05.18.2015
Edgeworth partner Michael Kheyfets will speak on a panel with other experts and attorneys a Webinar on big data in litigation.
- Event, 09.29.2014
Chuck Fields and Michael Kheyfets will speak about Edgeworth's experience in HR analytics and data consulting at the IQPC 12th HR Metrics & Analytics Summit.
- Event, 06.18.2014
- In the News, 01.07.2019
Edgeworth Chief Executive Officer Dr. John Johnson spoke to Sharyl Attkisson of Full Measure, a Sunday news program regarding polling. Dr. Johnson discussed the factors that played a part in the 2016 polling results and how pollsters are adapting in preparation for 2020 polling.
- News, 03.01.2018
In this introductory overview of data analytics, Edgeworth President & CEO Dr. John Johnson teaches leaders and executives how to use analytics to make data-driven decisions and gain competitive advantage.
- Press Release, 08.01.2013
Edgeworth Economics has completed and released its 2012/2013 injury analysis based on data provided by the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA).
- News, 06.25.2010
Washington, D.C. - In Law360, Edgeworth Senior Vice President Matthew Milner opined on the reliability of structured data in litigation, writing “Structured data is frequently the foundation of expert analysis in litigation for a variety of damages and liability issues. Often, statistical analyses prepared by experts are based on structured data from the parties to the litigation.